Chacoda was born on June 8, 1995. He'll be 20 next month! He is part of our spotted family of seals. You can distinguish him from other seals in the exhibit by looking for the dark spots all along his belly and his large nostrils (especially compared to his sister Cayenne, who has more petite features).
Let's air things out and see how marine animals leap out of the water:
- The sea lions make it look easy
- Sierra has learned how to get some serious air
- Sometimes the rockhopper penguins get in a porpoising frenzy
- A while back we practiced synchronized porpoising with the harbor seals
- The seals and sea lions do a lot of porpoising when they play
- And even humpback whales can breach the water's surface!